MainMainForumGallery

Author Topic: Immerseus (Boss 1)  (Read 32279 times)

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
Immerseus (Boss 1)
« on: August 20, 2013, 08:59:11 pm »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:20:35 am by Tagan »
Sub is crap, and those saying it should do more damage as it's complex, please explain Combat's cleave/AoE damage, clicking 1 button is hard.

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
Re: Immerseus (Boss 1)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 07:34:48 am »
http://www.icy-veins.com/immerseus-detailed-strategy-wow

2 phase fight, requires 2 or 3 healers and 2 Tanks, most tactics discussion says 3 healers is best due to covering the room for the adds that need healing up.

Phase 1 is just nuke boss and dodge stuff on the ground.

Need to be spread about the room so we can take care of the adds in P2.

Phase 2 requires the raid to either kill (Sha Puddle) or heal(Contaminated Puddle) adds, if an add reaches him it explodes for raid wide damage, this is bad if we screw up and a load get to him at once. Each add we kill or heal up removes 1 corruption, the idea of the fight is to get rid of all the corruption.

Back to phase one once all the adds have been killed/Merged back to the boss.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:09:25 am by Tagan »
Sub is crap, and those saying it should do more damage as it's complex, please explain Combat's cleave/AoE damage, clicking 1 button is hard.

Offline Glordi

• Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 07:44:57 am »
Yeah, and the boss needs to be tanked away and gives the tanks a stacking debuff with increase damage taken. Will look at it a bit more laters.

Offline Karä

• Unity Path: Ex-Members
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 09:58:12 am »
Whoever is healing tonight needs to consider what spec to play for this boss. I don't think Disc is the way forward here since you actually need to heal the adds up (quickly). So Attonement, Divine Aegis and PW:S won't do us much good here. Which is usually the top 3 spells for a Disc.

Offline Irisiri

• Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 02:45:33 pm »
I think I was holy briefly...in classic. So umm yeah.  Penance probably isn't bad though.

Offline Karä

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 04:53:37 pm »
Might not be totally useless as Disc tbh - you can help kill the Sha Puddles. And the shields you stack through Attonement will help mitigate the dmg we'll take when the ones we haven't killed/healed reach the boss. So I guess it's not too bad.

Offline Irisiri

• Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 05:41:42 pm »
Problem will be when there is so few DPS ones left, which is the same problem if we only have 2 healers I think - kinda HAVE to heal lots up per wave.

Offline Mink

• Registered Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 10:58:05 pm »
i was chuckin a few heals tonight at the end, was helping a little eso with the buff

Offline Irisiri

• Registered Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 11:09:30 pm »
I guess if we can call out the last phase (ie judge when his corruption is low enough that we can deal with that many total adds) the pallies can LoH one each?

Offline Illiath

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 03:09:03 am »
at least on flex, i was able to single heal a blob to full with supplication (flash heal has 100% crit chance if used within 8 seconds of a kill). If I spec into selfless healer then this means I could potentially:

1) store selfless healer procs from doing dps to boss (needs 3 judgements to be cast) then use them on one healer blob
2) kill a black blob
3) use supplication heal on another blob
4) cast 2 normal heals on a 3rd healer blob

If me and mink do the same thing then its similar to having 4 healers, but it depends how much healing the blobs need on normal compared to flex.

Offline Karä

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 09:58:31 am »
Im pretty sure you can get away with 2 flash heals even on normal, Illi.

Offline Irisiri

• Registered Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 12:39:03 pm »
On our normal kill progress (ie the lowering of his corruption) got very slow once we started running out of DPS blobs so anything the rets can do on the healer blobs will help, even if it means skipping the DPS ones later on / lower DPS

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2013, 11:33:11 am »
Achievement : Defeat Immerseus after killing 10 Tears of the Vale in Siege of Orgrimmar on Flexible, Normal, or Heroic difficulty.

Pretty easy, just takes a while, with our raid setup it's likely Kara and Khaz will be best for trapping them for long enough, they have bugger all health so anything that does damage to them is kinda bad. Should try for 2 or 3 each phase, get it done in about 4 phases or you start to get close to the enrage timer.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 12:09:03 pm by Tagan »

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 12:35:09 pm »
Heroic Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-viay6eizg

We need to be grouped in P1 to control pool spawns and have the tanks be able to collect adds that need to be killed, Also get a stacking debuff from hitting the boss, need to stop hitting the boss for 6s when at most 5 stacks to reset it.

Spread as usual for P2 to kill adds, this phase is pretty much the same as normal except the pool in the middle grows as adds reach it, but shrinks when it damages people. In the video they said they hardly noticed this mechanic.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 12:45:48 pm by Tagan »

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator