MainMainForumGallery

Author Topic: Immerseus (Boss 1)  (Read 33665 times)

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
Re: Immerseus (Boss 1)
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 09:05:07 am »
So, any ideas on how to improve on this weeks attempts.?

From my point of view the main issue was tanks dying. What can we do to solve the problem?
Sub is crap, and those saying it should do more damage as it's complex, please explain Combat's cleave/AoE damage, clicking 1 button is hard.

Offline Karä

• Unity Path: Ex-Members
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 09:14:04 am »
Pretty sure tanks died to the debuff you get from hitting the boss.

Offline Irisiri

• Registered Member
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2013, 06:32:22 pm »
I don't think you can attribute it solely to that.  I would like to see more agressive use of cooldowns on those bolts though; don't do you much good when dead!

We also have two sets of tactics posted here that suggest moving around the boss during P1 in an orderly fashion to avoid excessive pools - which we didn't do.

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 07:40:19 pm »
Didn't we decide that moving around the boss was kinda pointless as the pools disappear between P1's, open to debate if we think it would be better.
Sub is crap, and those saying it should do more damage as it's complex, please explain Combat's cleave/AoE damage, clicking 1 button is hard.

Offline Karä

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2013, 08:09:52 pm »
Everything was looking OK the last 2 pulls except for Glordi who suddenly went down very fast with 5 stacks. Caught Atheena off guard i think. Was just answering why tanks died, not why we generally wiped (although Glordi dying the last pulls was mostly the reason :p). Or did you respond to Tagans post and not mine Iri? A bit confused :p

Offline Irisiri

• Registered Member
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2013, 08:36:45 pm »
Both in an attempt to confuse you!

Offline Chalace

• Registered Member
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2013, 09:32:09 pm »
As i mentioned in the latter part of the raid, picking up those adds in P1 is horrible, people are spread over the entire platform meaning i do nothing but run in circles like a headless chicken the whole time attempting to agro them.
We are covering a space twice the size of that in the video by using the larger platform; on top of that the first wave has already reached the raid as we tank swap meaning there half dead by the time i reach them and getting agro is nearly impossible, which is what was almost killing Illiath every pull.
Not sure what else we can do about it other than group up more, and not position yourself on the opposite side of the mass of pools to the tanks.

Starting on the larger platform should negate the need to move, in the video there using the smaller ones; the raid was really only hovering around the left side of it leaving half clear.

Offline Chalace

• Registered Member
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 09:48:33 pm »
RE: Adds

Looking around there's a few different ways people are doing it but this seems the most reproducible.
There using a raid > tank distance more like ours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPdqswUaiFQ

i.e Raid positions as you have been on the left side of the big platform, and collapse to the right side when the adds come in.

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2013, 07:43:55 am »
Simple fix, we just have a gather point for the raid when the adds come in.

Offline Irisiri

• Registered Member
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2013, 11:49:54 pm »
Did Khaz use MD to the tank on the first wave of adds? I don't think so because they often went for him.

Might be worth saving that.

Offline Chalace

• Registered Member
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 12:21:23 pm »
Did Khaz use MD to the tank on the first wave of adds? I don't think so because they often went for him.

Might be worth saving that.

There is no reason not to I'd imagine, however using the method i showed above should make more than enough difference. You tank yourself, the difference between having mobs in a 30y radius vs 150y radius is huge.

Offline Karä

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 01:00:27 pm »
Proven Tank yet?

Offline Irisiri

• Registered Member
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 07:09:51 pm »
Proven Tank yet?

How will Chal running away from the mobs help?!

Offline Chalace

• Registered Member
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 09:42:38 pm »
Proven Tank yet?

Hmm do research for my assignment or stand semi-afk for 9000 hours in a room...

Offline Atheena

• Registered Member
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2013, 11:57:45 am »
Found this guide with pretty pictures for me to understand, seems like a really simple guide with good guidance on how to move.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1354983-Immerseus-Heroic-Guide

It mentions soaking the puddle under Immerseus, I don't think we done that last time. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:59:54 am by Atheena »