MainMainForumGallery

Author Topic: Spoils of Pandaria (Boss 10)  (Read 15448 times)

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
Spoils of Pandaria (Boss 10)
« on: August 20, 2013, 09:02:35 pm »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:23:50 am by Tagan »
Sub is crap, and those saying it should do more damage as it's complex, please explain Combat's cleave/AoE damage, clicking 1 button is hard.

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
Sub is crap, and those saying it should do more damage as it's complex, please explain Combat's cleave/AoE damage, clicking 1 button is hard.

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
Re: Spoils of Pandaria (Boss 10)
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 11:08:23 am »
Not even going to try and make a simplified tactic of this fight, read the Icy Veins post and watch the video.

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 09:08:18 am »
Done on flex, strange fight this.

Split into 2 even groups, which means this is a 2 healer fight.
Tanks just need to open boxes and we kill what's inside, need to balance how quickly we open stuff as we can quite easily get over run but if we take too long we wipe to not clearing enough in the ?5? mins allowed per room.

Teams should be something like..

Chalace
Kara/Greaver/Atheena
Iri
Mink
Khazmorian

Glordi
Kara/Greaver/Atheena
Tagan
Illiath
Toban

I think each group is counted as a separate entity so Heroism used by 1 group doesn't effect the other group, this means we need khaz to use heroism pet of for that group to have drums. I was on the Mogu and Klaxxi side and we started at the Mogu side and used heroism on the first Big box, Mogu was definitely the harder of the 2 sides I did.

How where your's Iri?

Offline Glordi

• Registered Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 10:37:14 am »
Both sides have a Mogu/Klaxi room. Only difference is at the start one room will be different to the other room. We blew heroism on the Klaxxi room due to more aoe damage and
placing bombs from my understanding. (I might be wrong, can always find out). Also, my understanding is, there is a priority kill list for both rooms. I'll elaborate on this a bit later today, off to the park in a min:P

Offline Irisiri

• Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 11:48:04 am »
Yup there are only 2 rooms, the left side does Klaxxi then Mogu, right side Mogu then Klaxxi.

Tanks shouldn't be popping boxes - someone needs to run ahead so there is always a mob up (rogues / hunters would be good choices due to TotT/MD, I did my side on flex).

1) The pandaren give buffs, so get those out first.  Someone has to actually click the object they drop to get the buff - they are per-role on that said, so if I pick up the DPS item all DPS get the 3min damage buff
2) Big ones give the most power, so those next
3) Then mediums, with each medium in the Klaxxi side open a small because they're all a bit useless
4) Smalls to fill up

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 11:02:38 am »
Why can't tanks open boxes? pretty sure the tank is opening boxes in the Fatboss guide. In fact they specifically say the tank is the best person to open the boxes.

Open and kill the 2 "buff" boxes.
Open 1 boss box and all the other boxes (obviously not all at the same time), no need to open the 2nd boss box, all the rest will give you enough energy to complete the rooms without having to worry about the huge amount of damage a 2nd boss box will cause.
Repeat for the 2nd set of rooms.

Offline Irisiri

• Registered Member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 09:39:42 pm »
Depends how you do it I guess.  We went panda->panda->big->big at the start, which would mean the tank draging mobs all over (and the pandas have area slows which mess with that too)

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 11:55:47 am »
Achievement: Complete the Spoils of Pandaria encounter in Siege of Orgrimmar on Flexible, Normal, or Heroic difficulty without any raid member defeating both a Mantid and a Mogu enemy.

Easy in principle, each group just has to do the same type of room twice, due to the time limits not sure this is doable on normal.
Clear the room, don't unlock the gates and then the groups swap, takes a long time to move the entire group across, atleast a minute I'd guess.