MainMainForumGallery

Author Topic: Garrosh Hellscream (Boss 14)  (Read 24456 times)

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
Garrosh Hellscream (Boss 14)
« on: August 20, 2013, 09:04:07 pm »
PTR...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goh708YmxY8

Video of more of the fight but without commentary..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWXUFG5ixJM
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:24:42 am by Tagan »
Sub is crap, and those saying it should do more damage as it's complex, please explain Combat's cleave/AoE damage, clicking 1 button is hard.

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
Sub is crap, and those saying it should do more damage as it's complex, please explain Combat's cleave/AoE damage, clicking 1 button is hard.

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
Re: Garrosh Hellscream (Boss 14)
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 10:32:45 pm »

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 02:25:36 pm »
2 tanks, 2 or 3 healers....they suggest only 2 melee but we can't do that so I guess the melee will have to rotate....thanks blizz.

Offline Karä

• Unity Path: Ex-Members
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 03:12:53 pm »
I guess it depends if Toban and Khaz can take down the Weapons on their own? If yes, we should be able to use 3 melee?

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 12:05:26 pm »
Achievement : Kill 18 Kor'kron Warbringers with a single Iron Star and then defeat Garrosh in Siege of Orgrimmar on Flexible, Normal, or Heroic difficulty.

Should have to kill 18 but seems to be bugged and you pretty much get this after killing Garrosh by default, we should all have it, except Mink maybe ( don't know if you killed it on flex Mink).

Offline Karä

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 06:49:44 am »
Empowered Whirling Corruption for the ranged team

Tanks could pull the boss a few steps away from the raid. Even if it's only a couple % less damage taken it's a couple % less damage taken from the entire ranged team.

2-3 people can stay in the healing circle even when spread. Atheena and T can stay stationary (while moving from Swirly shit ofc). Khaz and Karä can do their "rotation" on the move.

Blue Marker will be the next gather point after Desecrated Weapon. Toban and Karä can both blink, so we'll be furthest away.

When avoiding Swirly Shit, do it in a direction away from the boss to take less damage from the AoE.

CD's

We've been using Devotion Aura and Tranq. I added some personal CD's now, what do you think Ath?
1st Corruption: Devotion Aura + Nature's Vigil
2nd Corruption: Devotion Aura + Avenging Wrath + various personal CD's from the raid.
3rd Corruption: (do we get a third?) Tranq + Nature's Vigil

http://imgur.com/MqRbk4F

http://imgur.com/XOf1ryY

Offline Irisiri

• Registered Member
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 02:24:20 pm »
Presumably Khaz will be standing wherever and using Deterance?

With 2 rogues and a hunter you should only have to heal 5 people at all.

Both Paladins can use divine protection on one of them (-40% magic damage taken), it's about using personals as well - so really it's Toban (can't lolblock in a swirly), Kara and possibly whomever the 3rd person is who needs healing for the first one really?

Should only be two Empowered ones if we don't balls up / fail at DPS.

Offline Karä

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 03:20:05 pm »
Yes he can, but i meant that he's the one who should move out of range, not Ath or Toban. We can't all fit in the healing circle while avoiding stuff. And it's better he moves left, as Toban can blink towards Blue when we get a new weapon. I had a feeling last time everyone moved out of the healing, which is not really helping.

Last time, with 2 rogues and a hunter, we failed to keep the raid alive. I thought I'd optimize a bit. Remember the add damage and the occasional fuck ups with Swirlies. Healing 5 people ain't gonna cut it. Grid was bleeding, trust me.

Should probably use 1 Dev Aura per Corruption still, as I'm pretty sure we're gonna need Tranq in the last phase. Otherwise we could go with:

1st Corruption: 2x Dev Aura
2nd Corruption: Tranq

But we'll be left with nothing for the one we get in the last phase which is where things can get really hectic.

Edit: you wrote Divine Protection, that makes sense. Dunno why I read it as Devotion Aura :P Not sure if they are used and what the CD is, 3 min? Definitely should use those as well.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 03:24:10 pm by Karä »

Offline Irisiri

• Registered Member
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 04:04:58 pm »
Divine Protection is -40% magic damage taken for 10s, 30s cooldown (for ret anyway?).

The whirl is 12x105k at point blank I think EDIT: It's actually 13 ticks so is a bit more, so 1.26mil under the boss or ~600k 40 yards away, obviously you can't be at 1hp when the adds spawn as they're going to start nibbling people for 70k a go and dots from the previous MCs are a factor to consider too; I just think the healing needs to be focused onto the subset of people who are actually liable to die to the whirl itself - so yeah I agree said people should be the ones standing in the shroom circle for as long as possible.

And if people are standing in the purple voidzones of 200k damage extra free well, that isn't for you to fix :P.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 04:07:19 pm by Irisiri »

Offline Irisiri

• Registered Member
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 05:01:44 pm »
With Sunday's raid in mind, personally I'd do the following.  Damage numbers are before devo aura just to give an idea what should be left after personals.

First Empowered Whirl
Raid Cooldowns: Devotion Aura (Illiath), Rallying Cry (Judicier), Demo Banner (Judicier)
Judicier: Safeguard Chal
Chalace: Overpowered DK stuff
Atheena: Divine Protection => ~410k damage
Kara: Has to be healed through it => ~700k damage
Tagan: Cloak => ~200k damage
Illiath: Divine Protection => ~410k damage
Mallilion: Def stance + Shieldwall => ~310k damage
Khaz: Deterance and run away since you can't hit anything with Deterance up anyway (do the hunters lose anything of note if they glyph deterance for this?) => ~400k glyphed
Ominae: As above => ~400k glyphed
Toban: Has to be healed through it.  I do wonder if Flameglow might be more practical given the damage is all over the place in the later parts of the fight => ~600k with either Flameglow or Ice Barrier

Second Empowered Whirl
Raid Cooldowns: Devotion Aura (Atheena), Rallying Cry (Mallilion), Demo Banner (Mallilion)
Mallilion: Def stance + Die by the Sword
Others the same.

Offline Karä

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 05:20:19 pm »
To complete the list for the first one, I can Barkskin myself every 1 min (20% mitigation) and I can Ironbark Toban every 1 min (also 20% mitigation). Is that everyone covered in personal CD's then?

Still not sure what to go with though. Using Tranq on the second Empowered leaves us with nothing in the last phase :(

Probably stack whatever we have left like: Avenging Wrath, Nature's Vigil and Tree of Life. 'Cause those won't be needed if people actually use the CD's you mentioned so far. Should do the trick honestly. For the second one that is.

Offline Irisiri

• Registered Member
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 05:36:30 pm »
I would save Tranq, and have Ath save Bubble, for P3 - that way you an run off to the side and channel and Ath can stay put and spam since all hell tends to break loose at that point.

Clearly we've done this before, and other groups have no problem either (although a disc for shields or a shaman for the HP buff would help hugely :()- just need to make sure what tools we have get used each time.

Offline Irisiri

• Registered Member
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 06:02:47 pm »
To complete the list for the first one, I can Barkskin myself every 1 min (20% mitigation) and I can Ironbark Toban every 1 min (also 20% mitigation). Is that everyone covered in personal CD's then?

The whirls have a 45s cooldown and in practice seem to come out ~50s apart - so not quite.  Also I'd be concerned having a healer cast too much stuff instead of healing.  Divine Prot. is off the GCD for Ath, IIRC Barkskin was for you (and lasts long enough that you can precast it) but I don't know about Ironbark?

Offline Karä

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2013, 07:07:22 pm »
Pretty sure ironbark is the same and honestly im not sure if barkskin is off the GCD now that i think about it. But even if it isnt, the dmg mitigation makes up for the healing i can do in 1 sec. 80% of what i do is instant.

I meant just for that first corruption. Obviously not all personals are gonna be off CD for each corruption.

I agree, we just need to make sure people are actually doing what they can. Spreading out and spamming heals was a bit optimistic last raid.