MainMainForumGallery

Author Topic: Socrethar the Eternal  (Read 15665 times)

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
Sub is crap, and those saying it should do more damage as it's complex, please explain Combat's cleave/AoE damage, clicking 1 button is hard.

Offline Karä

• Unity Path: Ex-Members
Re: Socrethar the Eternal
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 11:28:03 pm »
Our best attempt (22%):
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8MWCvqB27rDGA4z3#fight=18&type=summary

Similar log:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aqgCVHW6XAzPxymN#fight=51&type=summary

Spoke to Chal. We need to try and use the prison on the ghosts. Chal will deal with the ghost almost entirely on his own. Free up Glordi completely to kill boss/dominator. With a few more ilvls it should fall over in 1 phase.

Offline Nhaal

• Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 12:18:33 pm »
But chal is doing the equivalent of 4 dps'ers to the boss, so taking him off the boss to free up Glordi makes no sense?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 12:21:53 pm by Nhaal »

Offline Karä

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 12:32:25 pm »
He doesn't need to come off the boss to kill adds. You'll see in the logs the robot did more dmg to the boss and more dmg to the adds in the same time frame.

Offline Karä

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 03:56:30 pm »
Also, should we end up with the same setup, we can 2 heal it.

Offline Karä

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 03:22:09 pm »
From MMO:

So, for anyone looking for an easy strat for this fight, this is what my guild does, note I drive the construct.

To put it simply, I Fel Prison every ghost and we kill the boss before they break out. Put 1 line of fire between the raid and the blue portal. Drop the Fel Prison about 4 yards in front of the blue portal exactly 4 seconds before the Haunting Soul timer runs out on DBM. I don't know what the timing for this is if you use Big Wigs, though I'd assume it's similar. If you do that, you will catch all of the ghosts in the prison from the current wave as well as refreshing the stun on any ghosts you previously had trapped.

Other than that, have the whole raid stack in melee. There's no need to have ranged put any thought into positioning as you ignore the ghosts. Obviously you still run out with Gift of the Man'ari and the players that get it need to spread without going to Africa. If you want to extra special retard proof this strategy go ahead and assign major raid CDs to be used for each Dominator as there's no other points in the fight with any significant damage. This will ensure that even if someone is slow about running out of the group no one will die. Note AoE mitigation CDs such as Smoke Bomb, Spirit Link Totem and Power Word: Barrier are ridiculously good for this.

So yeah, ignore ghosts and do big dick damage. Handle the casters however you can with ranged interrupts and shit. I don't know about Druids and Monks, but Paladin Warrior and DK tanks can all help to some degree with getting the casters into cleave range.

As the construct, since I never had to stop hitting the boss except for when the Dominators spawned, I managed 280k dps last week. If your construct driver can do over 200k, you should have an easy time of it. This strategy relies on killing the boss before the 4th Dominator. You can live past 4, but the portals will swap positions soon after that, which will fuck you and may make it difficult to live for another 30 seconds.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 08:35:17 am by Tagan »

Offline Tagan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 08:36:15 am »
When was that posted? As I thought they had fixed being able to cheese it like that a long time ago. Could be wrong though.

If this cheese method does work you are basically saying ignore the ghosts (let them just get perma rooted),  the caster adds, somehow they need to be interrupted by the ranged to bring them into melee where they can be cleaved down, meaning the whole raid stacks under the boss in P2 and people just run out with shit. If everyone is on the boss for the whole fight I think we might have the dps to kill him before the 4th Dominator.

Use Ring for Dominator's 1 and 3 and use heroism for the 2nd.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 08:43:30 am by Tagan »
Sub is crap, and those saying it should do more damage as it's complex, please explain Combat's cleave/AoE damage, clicking 1 button is hard.

Offline Toban

• Administrator
  • The PVE-Anti Christ
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 08:48:20 am »
We had the boss at 22% a few times when we finally fell over, so basically it becomes a function of "can you slap 25% more damage into it, principally by the construct".

If yes then profit, if no then we'll need to do it "properly".

Offline Karä

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 09:44:00 am »
The first log i linked shows more dmg from construct. With a similiar raid setup, 2 healers and also around 4 minutes. In the replay it ooks like ghost are being trapped. They kill it in 1 phase.
I think Chal can pull off higher numbers from the construct, and with few more ilvls on the raid, it will go down.

The tactic above is from 11th september.

May not have to mess around with pulling casters in and stack in melee. If you take Glordis dmg he did on ghosts and put it on boss/dominator, the boss would've been nearly dead.

Offline Karä

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 12:06:52 am »
Should give Illiath's suggestion of fixed positions a try.

Proven artist

------------------------

For Illiath and myself: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8MWCvqB27rDGA4z3#fight=18&type=damage-taken&ability=184125

2 extra debuffs happen around 2.30 every pull. That means we can't use Wings/trinket, Treeform, Aura or Tranq before then if we want to maximize healing at that point.

I think a good plan would be:
-2 extra debuffs (4 total) use ring and Wings/trinket
-Follow up with Tree
-Use Devo Aura when portals move and we have to run as well as HotW (35% more healing from me)
-Follow up with Tranq when needed
-Boss hopefully close to dead.

I'll make a Weak Aura to track when Wings fade from you so I can hopefully call all this shit.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 01:58:38 am by Karä »

Offline Karä

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 01:10:57 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxfsaEWsGJM&feature=youtu.be

I'll get you next time Glordi, with the debuff.